– Please also check our Facebook Page as it may have more up to date information –
Dear Church Family,
On July 12 we began to meet again in person for Sunday worship, with services limited to no more than fifty people as per the health authorities. It was important to the church leadership that everyone who wanted to come on a Sunday would have the opportunity to do so. With over 200 adults and children who consider Sooke Baptist to be their home church, and with our former regular attendance being over 140 people, we planned for two identical services at 9AM and 11AM and requested the church family to only attend one service every other week to ensure space for everyone who wished to attend.
The last three weeks we have been at half capacity every service.
Beginning this Sunday August 2, we would like to welcome those who wish to attend in person every week to do so. If further adjustments need to be made in September we will advise the church.
We ask that everyone continue to register on Eventbrite, as we are still limited as to numbers and are required to maintain a list of those who are in the building at each service.
Please join us in worship as you feel comfortable either by attending in person or joining with us on the 9AM livestream on Facebook (you may start watching the livestream anytime at or after 9:00 AND a recording is also available to watch later on either Facebook or YouTube).
on behalf of the deacons and elders
The church board has been working on plans for the congregation to meet in the building in groups of 50 or less. Sunday service will continue to be available on the live stream and YouTube channel. Please decide what is best for you and your family; come as you are comfortable and confident to do so.
Attendance alternate weeks: In order to stay under the number requirements and to give everyone a chance to attend if they wish, we are asking that people attend every second week or twice a month as it fits with your schedule. This will be based on the honour system.
Please use the Eventbrite website to reserve seats. Please do not just show up as there may not be seats available. Please reserve for each person in your family including children and babies. Tickets are first come first serve on the website.
Every two weeks two Sundays will be released to reserve seats, each with a 9:00am and 11:00am option. Seat reservation will open on Wednesday at 6:00pm and remain open until the Saturday evening at 9:00pm before the given Sunday. On Saturday after 5:00pm, if there are still seats available, they are available to anyone.
For example, for the first two weeks:
For Sunday, July 12: Seats available from Wednesday, July 8 at 6:00pm until Saturday, July 11 at 9:00pm.
For Sunday, July 19: Seats available from Wednesday, July 8 at 6:00pm until Saturday, July 18 at 9:00pm.
On Wednesday, July 22, seats will be available for Sunday, July 26 and Sunday, August 2.
Go to: sookebaptistsundayworship.eventbrite.ca
• Select date (example: Sooke Baptist Church Worship Service – July 12).
• Click “Register.”
• Choose either the 9:00am or 11:00am service.
• Select number of seats and click “Register.”
• Provide one name and an email to represent the reserved seats.
• Click “Register.”
• Done! You don’t need to print the ticket. The church will have a list for you to check in on Sunday.
Call the church and we will reserve for you. ((250) 642-3424) Please call on Thursday.
• When you enter the building: Please enter through the front doors. You will check in with the welcome team in the foyer, then an usher will direct you to your seats.
• Seating: All groups of seats will be at least 6 feet apart. Please do not move the seats.
• Face masks: We will need to wear them when we enter and exit the church and any time we are not in our seats. When we are in our seats, we can take them off.
• Hallways: Hallways will be one-way; there are arrows to guide you! After using the washroom, enter back into the sanctuary using the hall door on the side.
• Coffee: Please bring your own coffee in a travel mug as we are not yet serving coffee.
• Windows and doors will be open: Please bring extra layers if you might be cold.
• Visiting with others: You are welcome to visit with others but please keep 6 feet distance, and please wear your mask if inside. After the service, feel free to visit outside but please do not block doors.
• Please arrive 15 minutes before service starts to check in.
• Please leave the building shortly after the first service so that the building can be sanitized for the second service. You are welcome to visit outside where the swings are or behind the church; there is lots of space!
• No bulletin. This will continue to be online as it is now.
• Offering via CanadaHelps and/or the debit machine.
• The church library will remain closed for the time being.
• There are now automatic paper towel dispensers in the washrooms and kitchen.
• The church has a sanitation system to quickly sanitize between services.
• Continue to watch services with those you live with in your home.
• Watch services in a home with others to form a “House Church.”
We can’t wait to see you!