Greetings Sooke Baptist Church Family and Friends
At Last! Praise God!
The BC government has confirmed the move to Step 3 of the Restart plan starting July 1st. This allows us to hold worship services together in the church building without restricting the numbers or requiring contact information, however there are also few recommended guidelines to maintain a healthy and safe worship experience including mask wearing. “Masks are recommended in public indoor settings for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated (second vaccine plus two weeks)”.
In the spirit of being mindful of others, our interim plan includes;
- Wearing masks when inside the building in solidarity with those who are not fully vaccinated.
- We will initially space out the seating and will add seats if attendance requires more seating.
- We ask that you do not linger inside the building before or after the service. There will be ample opportunity to greet each other outside.
- Hand sanitizer will still be available and we encourage you to use it.
- Directional arrows should still be followed when entering and leaving the building.
- Offerings will continue to be received at the back of the auditorium near the kitchen.
- Please stay at home if not feeling well. The services will continue to be livestreamed for those who choose to participate from home.
As this is still very early in the return to regular activities, we will not be offering children’s programming for now. The deacon’s board is now working on how to safely re-introduce these programs as soon as possible. Rick will be returning July 5th and more detailed plans for the summer and fall will be announced after his return.
This has been a very long and challenging 16 months and we are very grateful for your patience and support during this period. Many things are still unknown (such as the possible impact of new Covid variants) so we are trying to act safely and compassionately while longing to worship our Lord together. Thank you for your understanding and care for others.
“Above all, love one another deeply….” 1 Peter 4:8.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email them to the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will respond in a timely manner.
On behalf of the Deacon’s and Elder’s board,
Andy Schell (chair)